Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weakness Back To Strength

This is a very difficult road.  I fell off the horse and now I have to get back on and try again.  The one thing I have to remember is that it is an addiction and I'm in an OCD cycle.  I cannot make myself or force myself to try harder next time.  This is the way my brain is programmed and telling myself that I just need to try harder just makes things worse.  What I need to do is change my brain.  Just as the title of this blog states, I need "a mighty change" to occur in my brain.  Then, as the Lord says in Ether, "I will make weak things become strong unto them."  (Ether 12:27)  I am beginning to really understand what the Lord is saying in that scripture.  From listening to Mark on Candeo that the reason that I ended up so deep in this addiction is because I have great strength that has become a weakness.  What I need to do now is turn that weakness back into a strength.  I'll get there, I know it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make an incredibly insightful comment when you say "telling myself that I just need to try harder makes things worse".

I have been through that cycle so many times I can't count them. "This time I will just try so much harder and it will work." It never works. And the pain is excruciating when it doesn't.

For me, the mighty change of heart, is turning my heart completely over to my Savior. Easier said than done, and a process that is always on going.